Tuesday 29 March 2011

Missing Daddy

Raghav had a very tough time when Nalin was away in Bangladesh for work all of last week. After coming back from India, he was still getting used to not having so many people around all the time, playing with him and giving him their undivided attention, when Nalin also left and he was left with just me. Plus, he must have also been having trouble getting back to Geneva time.

So he would sometimes cry and cry without reason. After playing for a bit he would start getting screechy and hysterical as he does when he's sleepy but when I'd put him in his cot, he would start crying inconsolably. It would take me sometimes 30-40 minutes to get him to sleep, and then he would be up again in about 5 minutes.

I finally realised he was just missing his Daddy and also needed to see people other than me. So I started taking him out to the park, or just for a walk down the street. The weather has been great, too. But Raghav doesn't like lying in the pram any more; he likes to watch as the world goes by. Which means I have to carry him in his sling and only then he's happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment